waiting to rise to power after living a life fooling everyone that she is sweet and innocent and just wants some loving. How can there be an ounce of evil in that sweet kitty, you ask. I'm mean, look at that face, those loving eyes. Well let me tell you... I was looking forward to a relaxing evening last night, no running, no elliptical, no phone calls, no boyfriend (not that I don't like his company, I just need some evenings to myself). Anyway, I had a few things around the house that I wanted to get done and one was to clean the kitchen. In a corner of the kitchen is Millie's litter box (this box would ideally be on the first floor, but she snowed me with an exaggerated limp from having to go up and down the stairs, so I moved it to the second floor...sucker, I know), so I decided to clean the box, change all of the litter and put in a new box liner. No big deal right? Any cat would appreciate a clean litter box, right?
I would do anything for this kitty...She gets plenty of water, dry food, canned food, and kitty treats, which seem to be the food of choice now. I let her have control of about 75% of my house (or as she would put it, she lets me use 25% of my own home). I have provided nice sitting areas throughout for her to lounge, nap and look at the birds out the windows. I pet her and watch TV with her and even made sure my house had a nice covered patio because I know she likes to be outside. I told my realtor that no covered patio was a deal-breaker, just for Millie. I have had nothing but love for this sweet cat for the 10+ years I've owned her, thinking she was loving me in return. It turns out I'm just there to serve her while she mocks me. But I digress. Back to the litter box...
After I cleaned the box and put it back, I watched as she went up to the box, looked inside, sniffed around, and walked away. Then about a minute later, she did the same thing, turned around, and got in her "I'm going to pee now" stance on the rug outside of the litter box next to my wine/bar credenza. I quickly grabbed her and shoved her in the box, which she bolted from immediately. A few minutes later though, she came back and used the box as intended. Good kitty. However, something told me to check the rug. The rug is actually a piece of carpet with a mat underneath that also overlaps the very nice decorative rug that is under my bar cabinet. To my utter dismay, I discovered that not only were all three rug/mats damp, it was obvious that this has been a favorite peeing location of Millie's for several weeks. I moved the bar cabinet, yanked all of the rugs to the washing machine and threw away the piece of carpet. Millie watched all of this from a distance, as if she knew she had been busted. You see, I don't really have a sense of smell anymore... I probably couldn't smell a rotting corpse, so I certainly can't detect cat pee where it should not be. I am mortified to think that I've had guests over and they were too polite to comment that my whole house smelled like urine. I scrubbed and disinfected, and scrubbed and disinfected some more, all while giving my cat the evil eye, not that it does any good. A relaxing evening wasted. I missed So You Think You Can Dance, and I didn't even have time to paint my toenails, which was on my to-do list. Grrr.
Running update: Hills on Tuesday were good. Pretty decent crowd showed up. I took it kind of easy because of my neck, but I felt like I got a good workout. Did a stint on the elliptical this morning. Now I'm ready for our first running group social tonight.









1 comment:
Um, all cats are swine. Have you NOT learned this yet?
Post a Comment