Monday, March 30, 2009

Perfect Pace?

Apparently, it has been "discovered"... Hmmm...

2 comments:

Neeraj Rohilla said...

I read that news yesterday. It is a poorly written article by a non-runner (possibly).
Optimum pace for which distance? 1 mi, 5k, 10k or marathon?

26.2 Princess said...

BINGO! There is so much information missing from this article. Sigh.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this will either (1) discourage non-runners from even picking up the sport because they think the "perfect pace" is impossible for them, or (2) runners will risk serious injury trying to reach the "perfect pace" if they currently run slower. Hey, some people believe everything they read.

I truly believe everyone has a perfect pace for themselves at each distance, and part of the fun of running is finding that pace, not trying to achieve one pace that some "research" has deemed perfect for everyone. Its irresponsible to write an article like this without much more information provided.