Monday, July 27, 2009

Same ol' same ol'...

Dear mother nature, please give us a freaking break down here in Houston!!!

Running update: I swear, if its possible to have more than 100% humidity, it happened Saturday morning. What a tough 10 miler I had, and I wasn't the only one. My actual running time and pace were not bad and have been pretty consistent over the last several long runs, but I'm very aware of how I feel during and after these runs, and the last two weekends have not been great in that department. But, I am running smart in this weather, and trying to encourage others to do so as well, and I know that once it cools off, I can tackle any distance or course with more ease. I'm just waiting patiently for that break, which will probably come after I run Chicago in October...

I will now run no less than 10 miles on Saturday mornings from here on out. Hard to believe Chicago is a little over two months away. I know I'll be ready, but its hard to imagine that right now. I've never run such an early Fall marathon, so I'm concerned about getting in enough good long runs, but I believe in the Houston Fit program and that it will have me ready. Hasn't let me down yet!

I'd like to rewind this morning and just stay in bed: Got in a decent 4+ mile run this morning (still loving the morning runs during the week) but then my morning went downhill from there... I got into a minor fender-bender on the way to work. Fabulous. Stupid jacked-up pickup trucks... If it had been a normal pickup, I would have sustained zero damage. Grrr. First "accident" in over 15 years. Not too bad. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Bachelorette finale tonight, with wine, pizza and friends! In fact, I'd like a glass of wine right now...

Yellow Fever social: Saturday evening some of the Yellow Fever from Houston Fit got together for the season's first social. I had a great time, and it was fun to visit with old friends and meet new people. And thanks to Pattie for just being a very special friend...

Okay, that's all for now. Time to get an estimate on my car. I knew I shouldn't have gone to the Galleria and stimulated the economy yesterday!!

No comments: