Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Beginnings...

I challenge anyone to be as happy about a new year and new decade as me. Last year SUCKED on so many levels. The only good things I can think of were qualifying for Boston and my mom not dying, and of course, Jamoosh's 12 Beers of Christmas party and Dennis and Emily's New Years Eve party.

So, I think it is appropriate to say that this new year has started off fabulously, and that's all I will say for now. I'm looking forward to good health, silly happiness and zero drama. Yes, the drama princess herself is checking out of the drama department, with a clear head and rejuvinated sense of self. I'm also looking forward to catching up with my running friends in the blogging world. I've been very delinquent about reading posts and posting things myself obviously.

Mom update: She was released from the hospital on December 23 and is back at home. She still cannot feel or use her leg and is primarily using a wheelchair and occasionally a walker. She is continuing her physical therapy and we all hope she gets her strength and use of her leg back. Its been an emotional time, but it was wonderful to all be together for Christmas.

Running update: I'm finally hitting the streets again. Wait, that doesn't sound right does it? Anyway, I'm running and that's about it. I've had knee problems for the past couple of months and have been quite discouraged, but I managed a very decent 8 miles this past Saturday (the most I've run at once in two months) and plan to get out there again this evening. I'm hoping my knee is either getting better or the anti-inflammatories are finally working. I will run the half marathon in Houston in a couple of weeks then will focus on getting ready for Boston. Still hard to believe... Oh yeah, and I need to focus on shedding the massive food and drink intake evidence that is hanging around my hips.

Social life update: Insert big goofy grin here.

Picture of the day:


Fun family pics coming soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see your back AND hear about your mom doing well!!!!!!! 2009 DID suck and I am also thankful it is over. Good to hear your "hitting the streets" and I look forward to following you on your 2010 journey.

Anonymous said...

I raise a beer for a healthy 2010!

Unknown said...

Hey is that my kindergarten class you stole??? Please, don't return them!!! Glad you're back on the street, by the way.

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

Glad to have you back and that your Mom is doing so much better! Glad to hear that you are back to running, too! My comeback has been slow and drawn out..I'm fianlly able to do a few miles at a time after my 2 month long issue with tendonitis in my foot. I am, however, now lacking motivation, as it has been slow in the progress and COLD outside..I'm hoping to pick it back up with more fervor soon, and trying to be patient with my slow progress!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh..isn't the kid in the red just funny!!! I'm glad your running is going better! 2010 is going to be a great year for you! Sorry I've been mia for awhile, lost your blog but from my reader ... but found it :). Happy New Year!

Aimee Flood said...

Carolyn - I forgot to tell you that you should have a wine and foam roller party!! How fun would that be! I seriously do want to come over and learn some ways to use that thing. I have tried in the gym, but only know basic stuff for my butt :-). Love -Aim