Is there a more perfect race for the 26.2 Princess than the Disney's Princess Half Marathon?? I think not. I have just registered and will be making this run my first "race" after my self-imposed layoff. I can't imagine a better way to get re-motivated and excited about running again than to look forward to, train for and run a princess-themed race. Its a dream come true! Thanks to some top-secret information I received at Jamoosh's latest get-together, I selected my "favorite" princess, Sleeping Beauty, and that will get me the pink bib (OMG! A princess race AND a pink bib??!! Is there anything more awesome?! *don't answer that*). And, I'm pretty sure I already know what I'm going to wear.....PINK! Shocking, I know. I always wear a pink visor when I run, and I'll add my pink jog bra and a pink bow for my hair. And what sort of self-proclaimed 26.2 princess doesn't wear a TIARA during a princess race? Oh, I can't wait to pick out the perfect one. This may be just what I need to get my mojo back and have fun again!
Running update: Well, its not much of one... My training group ran 11 miles on Saturday, and with my recent decision to take it easy for the rest of the year, it was nice to have a clear mind at the start of the run. I felt really good, had a nice and steady albeit "slow" pace, and I actually thought, for the first time since training started, that I would be able to finish a run. Sigh. I had some, um, "issues." Dangit! I finally had my head on somewhat straight and my mind somewhat clear and my belly decided it was its turn to piss me off. Meh, no big deal. I cut my run short and finished with about 8.5 miles. One of these days, I will start running during the week again. I have some other changes/plans/goals that will take effect August 1 (new month, why not) so hopefully I will commit to a nice easy run once or twice a week.
Remodeling: It begins on Monday! I bought my cabinets this week, picked out my tile over the weekend, and I think I'm ready to go. Hello improvements, goodbye savings!
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









5 comments:
Yes, but can you out "Princess" all the other princesses out there?
Ive missed you- glad you wrote :)
And I believe you are the #1 princess (after me of course :))
Just catching up on my blog reading! Congrats on Boston and the new cabinets! That Princess races sounds awesome!
Nice post! Keep it up!and more power! Have a happy run always! :)
Post a Comment