Monday, February 23, 2009

Get the funk out..

I've been in a running rut for several weeks and I'm desperately trying to find a way out of it. I have really got to get back into my regular running routine. Its time to stop making excuses and get back into shape!

I had a not-so-great 8 mile run on Saturday, but I finished it. That's all that matters. I have another marathon in two months, so hopefully that is motivation enough to get re-focused.

It was great to see Jamoosh out at the park on Saturday! Been a long time my friend!

Congrats to Doug and Jennifer for their great runs in the RunWild Half Marathon yesterday. Jennifer placed second in her age group. Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

henry_althea said...

Hi Carrie,

I'm finally joining your blog. I thought of you today when we were at TCH -- I know you work somewhere in the med center. Hopefully, I'll bump into you in Mem Park soon. I've decided that if the year allows me, I'm going to join Houston Fit for the 1/2 in 2010. Getting closer to 40 stinks.

Take care,
Althea

Anonymous said...

Great blog!! I just ran across it searching for fellow runners.

26.2 Princess said...

James, welcome! I usually do a better job keeping up with my posts, but this is sort of my running down-time.

Althea, I'm so excited to hear you might join Houston Fit this year! It is such a great program. Let me know what you decide to do and if you have any questions. Yes, getting closer to 40 does indeed stink. I can't believe it myself.

Anonymous said...

I understand the down time :-) I have ran the Houston Marathon 5 times- 99, 00, 06, 07 and 08. My PR was 3:29:23 in 07. I have been running 5Ks lately but plan on running Houston again in 2010.