Since my eyes sting, my body hurts and I am fuzzy-headed, I will recap the entire marathon in full in my next post, because it was amazing and interesting and full of new experiences. Until then, I will leave you with some random thoughts that went through my mind before and during the marathon:
- Brrr. Its cold. Perfect!
- Crap, this sweatshirt left lint on my running shirt. I wonder if that will show up in the pictures.
- Why are all of these people running before they get to the start line? They will be sorry.
- Mom C and Pop C, I'm running this for you. (My grandmother Mom C is in her last few days. I said goodbye to her on Tuesday. Damn that was hard... And Pop C passed away in May.)
- Is that the Sears Tower?
- That was a pretty decent 5k. I wonder how long I can keep this pace up.
- Those houses remind me of Europe. Oh, one is for sale! I wonder how much it is...
- I went out too fast. Crap, I'm going to catch grief for going out to fast.
- I want to quit. I can just fake an injury. I've been sick all week, my grandmother is dying and my mom is recovering from major surgery. No one will question it.
- Nah.
- Is that the Sears Tower?
- Holy crap, I just PR'd the half marathon. I'm half way done! That wasn't too bad at all.
- The Houston Marathon crowd is much louder.
- I think I can PR, even come close to BQing.
- Feeling good and strong. Keep it up!
- I want to quit.
- Nah.
- Is that the Sears Tower?
- Where the heck are we?
- Wow, I'm on pace for a BQ.
- Do I need to run an 8 or 9 minute mile pace to BQ? Ugh, I can't think!
- I hope I don't have a heart attack.
- My race pics are going to turn out awful.
- C'mon legs, don't fail me now.
- Cramps! No!! Toe-curling calf cramps! Only two miles left! NO!!
- I wonder if someone will carry me the last two miles. If so, will I still qualify?
- Heck, I'll just take a PR. These cramps are about to do me in.
- Heck no, I did not just run my ass off for 24.5 miles to not qualify now.
- I want to quit.
- NO!
- I'm never running another marathon.
- There's the 26 mile marker!!
- There's the finish line!!
- Holy crap! I qualified for Boston!! Wait, what???
- Where's the beer and bananas?









9 comments:
great thoughts..keep writing
Woo hoo!
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!!!
Super amazing awesome Boston.
Congrats on a truly amazing accomplishment! Revel in it...at whatever hour of the night!
"Do I need to run an 8 or 9 minute mile pace to BQ? Ugh, I can't think!" Ha. Story of my life.
CONGRATS!!!
Congrats! I LOVE the post!
You Rock! Dave and I are so proud of you! Great post. Btw, technically, none of the buildings you saw were the Sear's Tower. They changed the name.
Congrats!
Awesome!!!! Loved this post. Congrats to you!!!! So glad I found for your blog!
Congrats on the BQ. I just qualified too at St. George. Love your blog. Glad I found it. You seem like you may be slightly addicted like me.
I've already been researching about the Boston race, where to stay, etc. It will be fun!
Post a Comment