Friday, October 23, 2009

Post-marathon blues...

Ugh. I hate post-marathon depression and utter lack of motivation. No matter how well I do in a marathon, I always feel a bit of a let-down once the event I trained so hard for is over. Yes, I still have Houston and Boston to look forward to, and I'm sure I will snap out of this rut soon, but motivation is hard to come by this week. One reason for that is my wonderful grandmother, Mom C, passed away last Friday, and her funeral was Monday. I will post a tribute to her when I get some more time and I'm not so easily overcome with emotion...the floodgates opened wide this week...we were very close.

And, why is it than when a marathon is over and I cut back my miles for recovery, I still eat like I'm in serious training mode??

Running update: I ran a recovery 8 miles with my group on Saturday, and it was a very nice run with some cooler temps. I was still sore in many places, and the run helped me identify what hurt and if I should be concerned about anything. No to the latter, and I'm just fine now...all recovered! I plan to run about 11-12 miles in the morning with our runners training for the San Antonio Marathon, as tomorrow is their big 21 miler! Then on Sunday morning, I will be out to cheer on my friends running the Koala/Luke's Houston Half. Wish I was running it, but I know myself...I would not be able to just take it easy out there while I'm still recovering a bit. Plus, there are hills and its a dreaded three loop course. Blah.

Hey Jamoosh! Your wall of fame definitely needs the 26.2 Princess. Just sayin' (or shamelessly plugging).

Picture of the day:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a little something about you on my blog :) Check it out!

26.2 Princess said...

Thanks so much for the props!! You are a doll!

Neeraj Rohilla said...

Some speedwork (at track under a Watch nazi like me) will be best during this recovery period. It will appeal to different set of muscles and will let your slow twitch fibers to reap benefits of recovery. Looks like a win win situation.

I will be running Half marathon on Sunday so probably I will see you during those three loops if we both recognize each other, ;-)

Cheers,

26.2 Princess said...

You are on. Let's start those speed workouts soon. And check FB...I'm about to send you a message re spotting me on Sunday. Good Luck!!