My friend and fellow running coach Dave pointed out that because the Chicago course was so flat and there wasn't much change in the terrain, I used the same muscles the entire run instead of engaging other muscles like you would on a hilly course, and that might be a really valid reason why my recovery was difficult this time. Then again, Dave ran Chicago and then two weeks later ran Marine Corps, so his sanity is questionable...
During my downtime, I thought it would be funny to dress my cat Millie in a Halloween costume. She didn't think it was so funny...

*** HAPPY HALLOWEEN ***









6 comments:
Millie is too cute! I love the pumpkins, drunken fools.
Have you made your reservation for Boston? The hotels are filling up FAST. I may go this route www.goldenadventures.com
I have made my hotel reservations. Staying at the W (thanks Mom & Dad!). Whew...that's one stressful thing out of the way. And I just got my email entry confirmation today...Yippee! I want the mailed card though for framing. Next up...booking a flight. Wow, this is really for real, huh??!!
I am so proud of you for making it through chicago. At the same time, feel for you on the family front, and only hope the best for your loved ones.
The W in Boston is your place, trust me. :)
But even better than the W is the drinkin' pumpkins.
Bill
I always dress my cat up too!! Too cute :)
Cats will eat their owners given the chance (this is a fact - look it up). You just increased your chances...
Ok...that pumpkin vomiting is HILARIOUS!!! I also question the sanity and validity of statements made by my friends who do marathons every month...hehe..Anyhoo, do you use a foam roller? That thing is a miracle when I have IT Band issues!
Post a Comment