Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not again...

At the great risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, which I am not I assure you, I'm under the weather again. My throat is very sore, inside and out. When I touch my windpipe, it feels bruised. Hope its just some soreness that is a result of all the coughing I've been doing. I'm at home today trying to get some work done, trying not to talk (even to myself, which is difficult sometimes, because I find myself most entertaining) and resting. I will be ready for San Antonio, I will be ready for San Antonio, I will be ready for San Antonio... I will keep repeating that in my head until my sore throat goes away. It will work, I know it!

Speaking of SA, it is going to be absolutely ideal running weather. Low in the 40s that morning, and sunny. Let's hope that holds up. Alot of people will have great runs if so. And, I'm very much looking forward to the long drive there, because a good friend made me a couple of mix CDs for my trip and bought me the new Metallica CD. Yes, you read that right. I like Metallica. And I have a feeling I'm going to love the mix CDs.

I planned to get at least one run in this week, but with the rain and now my sore throat, looks like I'm going to just rest up and carb load my way through the rest of the week. I already started with some fabulous gnocchi last night at Mia Bella's. I love gnocchi. Small wads of dough in some sauce. Yummy (and apparently full of fat and calories according to my scale this morning). I'm a dough freak...cookie dough, bread dough, cheeseball dough, pie crust dough. I'm weird. I already knew that so no need to point it out.

Good luck to all who are running SA! I will have a full race report Sunday night or Monday.

4 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Eeewww, you're infectious, again?! WTH did you do to welcome yet another illness? Is it OK if I don a respirator mask when I see you?

Damn, you've had more than your share of 'the crud' lately. I do hope you feel better soon!

Craig Weaver said...

have a great race saturday...ill be thinking about you...drive safe and listen to music while you do.
get feeling better...

Anonymous said...

A mix CD. Either someone has a crush o you or I just flashed back to high school.

Good luck in SA!

26.2 Princess said...

Jamoosh - everyone has a crush on me, haven't you figured that out yet?