Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

Happy Easter!

Running update: Saturday was the annual Knucklehead Easter Egg Run (or something like that). Eggs, mostly confetti-filled, are hidden along the running route (River Oaks rose garden area), and everyone has a great time collecting eggs and attacking each other during the run. This year, with Nashville two weeks away, I kinda needed to get in a solid taper run, so though I did run with my group, my friend Doug and I ran ahead of the pack and got in a great 8-mile run at a pretty good clip. I hadn't planned to run that fast, but when I have someone running with me the entire time and the conversation is constant, I tend to stop watching my watch and stick with a comfortable pace. On Saturday, that pace happened to be around 9:03 or so. It was pleasantly cool out, and I felt great during the run. That's all I was hoping for. After, the gang headed to breakfast, which was entertaining, as always!

Home improvement: I've been in my house a little over one year, so it should come as no surprise to those who know me well that I would be itching to re-do something. My master bath was the target. When I moved in, I was all about color. I painted the bathroom a beautiful teal-ish color, but of everything I painted/decorated, that bathroom never made me totally happy.


So I finally did something about it...repainted it, got a new shower curtain, and installed new faucets (which used to be that standard silver finish).


Within the next year, I plan to get new countertops and tiling, but for now, the result is a very comforting, soft, bigger-looking bathroom, perfect for a relaxing jacuzzi bath. I'm also re-painting some patio furniture. All of this painting and plumbing ruined my manicure, so of course I had to work on my nails today too. It would have been very un-princess-like if I didn't...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bathroom looks great (and much better)!

Bob said...

Looks like it came out looking great!
Bob L.

kristi said...

I'm so impressed! Great job on your bathroom! (sorry I'm a little behind on my comment. better late than never, right?)
love ya!!