Monday, April 27, 2009

Hypothetically...

...If you call a female a "toothpick," is that a compliment or an insult?

RIP Pontiac: You were my first car in high school and remained in the family until my brother totaled you (and a couple of trees). Now your entire line is totaled. But I don't really care since I drive only foreign cars. Go Toyota!

Mom update: MD Anderson says no cancer, no tumors, no nothing except for some bone lesions that are a result of small stress fractures in her hip/pelvic area that was radiated heavily years ago. I guess bone lesions look like cancerous tumors. At least the drama ended quickly. We were all emotionally drained last week.

Unfortunately a new drama is emerging as my grandparents are not doing well at all and may soon have to go into a nursing home. This has put alot of stress on my parents, especially my dad. Its so hard to see my grandparents, whom I've been close to my entire life, deteriorate.

I really don't ever want to be that old, unless I'm filthy rich and can hire a couple of young, sexy care-takers who like older (much older) women. There would be no shame in being someone's sugar mama. But who am I kidding...my parents are spending my inheritance as we speak.

Running update: I finally got a 4 mile run in yesterday, after taking a couple of weeks off. Then we had our Fall coaches meeting last night. Can't believe the training season for Fall marathons starts on Saturday! And, I woke up early to get in 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Gotta get back in shape for running and upcoming social events/activities, not to mention poolside/deck lounging.

Speaking of running, Happy Birthday to fellow runner, blogger and Taurus, Cassie!

And speaking of running and blogging, Kathleen wrote an excellent post last week that rings true and relevant, to me anyway...

1 comment:

Cass said...

Thanks!
I too am saddened by the loss of Pontiac and concerned what impact it will have on our service and repairs. My husband's love of two-seater convertibles with no trunks (or otherwise known as fun useless cars).