Kidding aside, it does suck. Whenever I'm not experiencing deep dry coughs, I'm either taking the crap-load of meds I've been prescribed or I'm high from those meds. Whoever invented cough syrup with hydrocodone should be sainted, because that part does not suck. I'm on another round of steroids for probably the next month or so, and I'm trying out a new inhaler. From what I've read, this could last weeks or months. Good lord above. I better not gain any weight from these steroids, or start growing facial hair and getting a deep voice. And, while many illnesses cause one to lose their appetite, and lose some weight, this one doesn't. Darn the luck.
However, whooping cough will not stop me from running San Antonio next month. No way. I honestly feel just fine everywhere else except my chest and my throat which is sore from coughing. In other words, it sounds a whole lot worse than it feels. It frustrating as hell though. Someone did point out to me that at least its not called hookem cough. Ha ha. Get it??
Good news is that I'm well beyond the contagious stage. Bad news is that I've still been advised to not visit my new neice or nephews, who just turned 2 on Wednesday, October 15th. HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY HAYDEN AND KOEN!!!! I'm greatly disappointed to miss their party tomorrow, but I hope they know that their Auntie Kiki loves them very, very much and that I'll make it up to them.
And speaking of my neice and nephews, here are a couple of adorable pics:

And speaking of adorable, my Goddaughter Emily had her first middle school dance, and here is a picture of her and her friends. She is the one on the left. I am in awe of what a wonderful and beautiful young lady she has become! I remember so vividly holding her in my arms when she was like 4 days old. They really do grow up so fast.

Running update: Well, not much of that has been going on. I did not run with my training group last weekend, but I got in a 45 minute run on Monday, and a 50 minute run on Tuesday. They were a struggle for reasons mentioned above. I have never huffed and puffed so hard after a short easy run. Just such a hard time catching my breath and taking deep breaths. The 'roids should help with this. We'll see. I've also thrown in a few workouts on the elliptical, just to try to stay in some sort of shape. Like I said, this is not an illness that takes away your appetite.
Aggie football: I'm just patiently waiting for the end of the season. Unfortunately, its going to be a torturous road there. Its almost laughable now. I don't even want to think about what Tech might do to us tomorrow. So scared. I want my mommy!
Property tax appeal: So, on Wednesday, I had my formal hearing for my property tax protest. If you are ever looking for a great spot to people watch, the HCAD office is the place for you! I enjoyed my 2 hours in the waiting room, just watching people, and watching them try to nonchalantly get away from me when I started coughing. When I was finally called for my hearing, I was taken to a room where the 3-person review board and an appraiser were waiting. All were older gentlemen. Score! I thought I would easily charm my way through this! Well, not so much. They were pretty tough, but I did manage to get my property valued at a little less than what I paid for it in March, and overall knocked off about $27k from HCAD's first value, which I promptly protested, then turned down their second offer, hence ending up in the hearing. All in all, I'm glad I protested, but the amount of time, work and research I put into determining what I thought my property was worth was pretty unnecessary. Those guys already have their minds made up before you even get into the room.









3 comments:
Now THAT'S more like it! Always a pleasure reading your entertaining writing...well, MOST of the time it's a pleasure.
Where the hell did you catch Whooping Cough, care to explain?
Running a marathon with severe bronchial malady. Where's my "rolling eyes" emoticon? We'll hafta meet up in SA to say howdy! You won't mind wearing some sort of mask, I hope!
Well, glad you've got a definitive diagnosis! Heal well, heal soon!
What do you mean MOST of the time? I'm funny ALL OF THE TIME damnit!! :)
I wish I had some great story about how I got whooping cough. I honestly have no idea how I managed to get this, seeing as I'm the only one I know who has it, old or young. Hey, my very own unsolved mystery!
Thanks for the well-wishes, and I certainly hope I am better for SA. That would be cool to meet if we can, but I won't be wearing a mask. Just look and listen for the girl in a pink visor, yellow hair bow and yellow jog bra who will be coughing. Sadly right now, my coughing is loud enough to hear just about anywhere.
Is whooping couch an Aggie disease?
Uh, get it - Whoop!
Post a Comment