
Other news: My bout with allergies turned into a nasty struggle with a lung infection. Whooping cough was thrown around, but I don't think that's what I have. Regardless, I was put on bed rest Wednesday afternoon and have basically been horizontal since then. And, my cough was so severe and "dry" it was making my vocal cords raw, so I was told not to talk for this time as well. My meds include yummy juiced up cough medicine, steriods, two weeks worth of antibiotics, and an inhaler. Everything seems to be working because I am feeling a lot better and plan to get back to work tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that if I was infectious, that period is gone now. I hope so, since I am visiting my new niece on Saturday. I might have to do the Michael Jackson face mask just to be on the safe side. That will make for some great pictures...
Running update: Yes, call me crazy, idiotic, dumb, stupid, but I couldn't take 48+ hours of bed rest and no talking any longer and I got up Saturday morning to attempt my run. I told myself I'd run just a little while until my lungs hurt or I started having trouble breathing. Unbelievably, neither happened, and I finished my 18 mile run strong and feeling good. I started off a bit slow to be on the safe side, but finished with several miles sub-9 minutes. I think my overall pace was around 9:08 average. Not too shabby for lungs full of crud. I'm happy.
More pics of Sorennah soon!









5 comments:
Ummm, let's recap. You're told by the doctor to stay in bed. Like don't go do anything, just stay in bed and rest. Seems clear and logical.
So you ran 18 miles at a 9 minute pace. Ummm, I don't think this is "bed rest". Do you see any sort of disparity here? Could running be OCD? Just an observation. Carry on.
Hey, I didn't want to get bed sores, so I had to get up and do something, so why not an 18 mile run? Though it made me feel better just getting out and getting some exercise, I'm still trying to shake whatever this is. My doc said the run neither hurt nor helped my recovery, but he scolded me nonetheless. No runs this week. Just work and more bed rest. This thing has been a bitch to get over. :( And, I can't visit my niece until its totally cleared up which could be a couple of weeks at least. I'm more than a little bummed...
pgfzwfrd.....that's your current "word verification" password....geez, this is getting tougher by the day!....and you oughta see it! It's all blended and twisted together....I say it's more of a sobriety test than a spam-check!! What's up with that??
Now, immediately after entering the word verification, a NEW word verification pops up....[begin drum roll] "gotblabe" So close to GOTBABE...close, but no cigar...hey, that reminds me. I read Monica Lewinski recently had a birthday.
So I'm going to enter gotblabe in order to send you this...I'd MUCH prefer to enter GOTBABE!! Talk to 'your people' and see if we can't get this ironed out, eh?!
Evan Guy is stalking you - kidding...
Or am I?
Funk! 9 minute pace over 18 miles - damnation that is awesome. Get better - run faster?
Post a Comment