Health update: YIPPIE!!! I have an official clean bill of health and can resume all normal activities, including running and marathon training, if you call that "normal." Some call it crazy and insane. What do they know?! I still have a lingering cough that my doctor believes is some residual inflammation mixed with allergy symptoms. Apparently, the cesspool of a city I call home, and love dearly, is quite polluted and a haven for allergy-inducers. Who knew?? So, I've been advised to do my running in the mornings when it is less polluted, which may be difficult since I'm usually at work no later than 7:30 am, earlier if possible (especially when the All My Children episode that I watch every morning at 6am is boring). I also don't feel safe running by myself in the dark. Duh. Anyway, I'll figure it out. It'll help alot having this cold front coming through tonight as I type (thunder, lightning everywhere!!), and it will soon be getting lighter earlier in the mornings.
The best news is that I am cleared to see my nephews and niece. Boy, are they going to get a TON of loving from Auntie Kiki!
*Thank you* to my family and friends, blog readers and Facebook peeps for your well-wishes during my bout with this mess. Best quote during this time came from Denis, the founder of Houston Fit, who, when he found out what I was suffering from, said "What? Are you six years old?!" Sometimes I wish I were...
Just chill out: Yeah, right. One thing that my doctor did advise me to do was reduce my stress. Oh good grief, here we go again. I get told to reduce my stress all of the time. I am Type A, have a very demanding job and just lost eleventy-billion dollars in my 401k, but I have a much less stressful life than many people I know. I guess its all relative. Just how exactly am I supposed to reduce stress?? Large amounts of alcohol, all day long, or perhaps a huge lottery win? How about a drug-induced coma for a few months? And yes, before you point it out, I am aware of the well-known universal #1 stress-reliever...
HAHAHAHAHA! This morning, a medical student walked into my office and wanted to know if she could post an ad on the bulliten board down the hall. I said I had no idea, that I was not in charge of the bulliten boards, and she said "but, this is the Office of the Director of Board Relations" as is noted on my door. I had to keep from chuckling as I let her know that "board relations" means governance and I have nothing to do with what gets posted on the bulliten boards around the workplace. It was cute, good for a much needed smile today. However, I wonder how many other people around here think I'm in charge of bulliten boards. If that were the case, maybe I wouldn't be so "stressed out." Then again, I don't think I'd be paid very well as the director of bulliten board relations.
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









1 comment:
Great news!! Now you can seek to reduce your stress level. The Number One stress relief method probably pounds out the greatest bang-for-the-buck. (damn I crack myself up! Often. :):):) ) If you can get your hacking cough under control, perhaps you could pursue that method.
Otherwise you might have to go the chemically-induced route.
Post a Comment