Congratulations to my friends Angela and Jason on the birth of their son last night. Travis James weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds and is 23 inches long. Dang! He's a beautiful baby and I can't wait to meet him!
Update on my mom: She was admitted to MD Anderson on Monday and we are not really sure when she gets to go home. They continue to run tests and see what steps need to be taken. As I said before, its not cancer, but her current illness is a result of the cancer treatments she had many years ago. It breaks my heart to see her not feeling well. Fortunately, its a 5 minute walk from my office to the hospital, so I plan to see her as often as I can. She had a rough day yesterday, which caused me to have a rough day yesterday, but she was doing much better last night. Please keep her in your thoughts.
Running update: I actually got about a 4 mile run in on Monday night. Felt good to get back out there. I didn't set any time records, but didn't want to. I just wanted to get my legs moving again. Hope to run again tonight. If we get storms as predicted, I'll be hitting the elliptical. No, I'm not doing a weekday run in the rain. Saturday morning, yes, otherwise, no.
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









2 comments:
Damn! Fertile coupla kids, no doubt! Congrats to Jason and Angela! (Their lives are over!)
I wish MOM a speedy recovery! That's really cool that you're close by.
And as always, thanks for the warning of impending PMS...it's helpful in dealing with you if we know what to expect.
Have a good day, great day if you can pull it off...
Impending PMS my ass. Its full blown!
Post a Comment