Monday, December 8, 2008

Meh.

Don't have a whole lot to say today, but thought I'd post an update on a couple of things so my reader(s) wouldn't think I've disappeared from the blogging world forever. I know, that would be devastating to a few; a very, very few. Anyway, its going to be a busy week around here, personally and at work. Let the games begin, I guess.

My mom: Still in the hospital. Still fighting a fever and infection. She is getting some tests done today and meeting with doctors tomorrow. Hopefully we will all finally get some sense of where all of this is going (ie, surgery, no surgery??). All I know is that my mom is frustrated that there aren't any answers yet. Soon, mom, very soon. And she's got to be bored. She hasn't even turned on her TV in the week she's been in the hospital. WHAT?? I'd be the one in the hospital if I went a week without TV. A mental hospital probably.

Running update: As much as I did not want to get out of bed on Saturday morning because it was c-c-cold, I did and ran a pretty decent 10 miles, much to my surprise. I've only run once or twice since the SA marathon, so I wasn't expecting to pick up where I left off, and even questioned my ability to finish, but I ended up with a 9:04 pace. No negative split though. I had no idea we went out as fast as we did and it was a hard pace to maintain for the entire run. But I felt good and am getting back on track. I'll be getting back on my regular training schedule during the week too I hope. I've slacked off lately for several reasons. Refocus, Carolyn, refocus!

It was great to see several running friends whom I haven't seen much of lately because I was training with the Fall marathon group. Now that I'm back with the Houston marathon group, Saturday morning was a little reunion of sorts. Best of all, I saw my long-lost friend, Jamoosh. He and his wife host an awesome Beer vs Beer event at their house each year, at which I have had the honor of serving as a beer wench. Good times.

Party time, excellent: Speaking of good times, my friend Beth threw a very fun holiday party on Saturday night. I know she reads my blog, so thanks! I had a great time, and I loved the fondue ;). And I'm very much looking forward to Greg and Alaina's party this coming Saturday. Super fun times!

Question of the day: Why do some drivers, when they are the first in line at the red light, stop at least one full car length before the white line? For whatever reason, this drives me insane. Makes me want to pull around in front of them just because they left that space. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll draw a diagram for my next post.) And why do people insist on crossing the street when they have the "don't walk" red hand? I'm going to run one over just to make a point. Okay, that was two questions. Sue me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, guess "ass" smells better than Christmas since it is less % off...

Cass said...

I'm guilty of stopping far back from the crosswalk at red lights. However, I only do this on certain occasions and in an effort to avoid an altercation with a certain group of over-zealous window-washers. And yes, I do call the police on them almost everytime. Hmm... is that wrong?

26.2 Princess said...

Cass, that is perfectly acceptable. I'm talking about the people who do it for absolutely no apparent reason, and it happens alot. I think you have every right to call the police on those window-washers. Its my understanding that panhandling in the street (and I consider window-washing panhandling) is against the law in Houston. I'll let one of my lawyer readers chime in on that...