Friday, December 12, 2008

Good news!

My mom's surgery went very well today! It only took 1.5 hours, but she is still in recovery after 4.5 hours. She's in some pain, as to be expected, and very groggy, but she looks really good considering what she's just been through. My dad and I were allowed back there for only 30 minutes, but it was enough time to reassure us that she is doing well. Its been a really long day, and I'm going to head back up to the hospital later this evening when she gets put in a room, but my stress and anxiety levels, which have been ridiculously high the past several days, have come way down. I think I will be able to fully enjoyed my action-packed weekend!

4 comments:

Evan Guy said...

YEA!! Been coming back here throughout the day, today, to your little blog-slice of the web to read GREAT NEWS! Good stuff, speedy recovery!

Parents are great! I really enjoyed seeing my MOM and buying them a Papasito's din-din 2 days ago...

ECrunnergirl said...

Great news! Im so glad things are getting better for your mom :-} Breathe, relax and enjoy the weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn - an action-packed weekend and I am out of town.

Glad to hear about your mom!

K said...

Praying for a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas!