
Running update: A fabulous 15 miles on Saturday, 9:02 pace. Shocking to me, as I have never run that distance at that average pace, and I felt good and strong through the entire run, and could hold a conversation even at the end without huffing and puffing. Several miles under 9 minutes. The wonderful weather helped tremendously. Everyone seems to have a strong run. I hope it was encouraging to some who have been struggling lately with the heat and humidity. 60 minutes on the elliptical before work this morning. I hope to get a couple of good runs in this week, seeing that we may be getting a hurricane this weekend.
Aggie football: YES! A win! Very exciting to know we won't lose all of our games this season! Maybe now ESPN will move us out of the bottom 10 teams.
A few shout outs: I watched the game at BW3 in the Village with several of my running friends - Ruthie and Todd, Sul Ross, Robyn, Alaina and Greg, Ali, Byron - and we had a blast. Thanks to Ruthie and Todd for hosting an impromptu get together at their house after the game so we could watch the pay per view UFC fights and relax in the hot tub. Very fun night. Still piecing it together, but it I do remember it was fun.
On Sunday, I enjoyed some coffee and a family visit with a long-lost friend of mine, Cindy, who I haven't seen in over 20 years but re-connected with on Facebook. Great to see you Cindy! Funning thing is, Cindy is married to the brother of someone I worked with in Amsterdam several years ago. Small world.
Also, congrats to my friends Stacy and Shubh, who found out they are expecting a boy! Yay! I'm so thrilled for them. Babies, babies everywhere! (Note to self: don't drink the water.)
Thanks to my awesome sister in law, Kristi, for confirming she not only reads my blog, but enjoys it too! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read the PMS-inspired comment I left in the comment section on one of my early blog posts.)









3 comments:
Wow, you are funny. I love the hurricane update. I emailed it to my family, they loved it too.
And now it's going to Corpus... What will tomorrow bring?
That is hilarious! Poor Shirley!
Post a Comment