Dear Stock Market,
Thank you for making my craptastic day even crappier. You suck.
Sincerely,
Carolyn
Now that I'm dirt poor, I probably can't even afford to get allergy tested, which I so desperately need to do because I'm suffering terribly. I can't breathe without nose spray, which opens things up too much and makes my throat dry and sore. I spent most of my day shoving Vicks up my nose to moisturize things. I sat at work in a daze most of the time, at first because I didn't feel well, then because of the Great Stock Market Crash of 2008. I don't think I'll even look at my 401k statements for the next year or so. My poor dad, just retired and now everything is going to heck. I'm sure somehow this is ex-Coach Francione's fault...
Speaking of Aggie football, I hope all fans out there cherished the win on Saturday because it will be our last of the season.
Running update: We ran 13 miles on Saturday. I had a great run up until about mile 8-9. Thank you intestinal tract. And I was kickin' it old school with my Garmin Forerunner 201 because I left my 205 at the office. There is a reason Garmin upgraded to the 205... the satellite they used for the 201 is defective. It clocked one of my miles at 5 minutes... You can file that under never. So, I really have no idea exactly how far I ran or my average pace, but it was probably somewhere around 9 minutes until my "issues" started.
Saturday fun after the run: Had a baby shower for my friend Angela on Saturday afternoon. It was alot of fun, and I can actually participate in some of the baby discussions now since I'm an Aunt and am slightly more knowledgeable than I was a couple of years ago. Even so, it is hard to really relate to my friends' pregnancy and parenting tales since I haven't actually experienced it myself. I guess I'll always be the comic relief and the single, childless friend they can hang out with when they need a break. That's okay with me. I enjoy being an "aunt" to all of the kiddos! After the shower and a nap, Angela, her husband Jason, Aimee and Stacy hung out at my house Saturday evening for some pizza and gossip. It was great to catch up with everyone. However, it must have been stressful for my cat Millie, because she was running up and down the stairs all night and meowing for attention, which she apparently wasn't getting enough of because she not only decided to throw up big time on my carpet upstairs, but she also pooped outside of my bedroom door. She has never, ever done that before. I was too tired to be upset and chalked it up to her old age. A trip to the vet is in order soon though. Poor thing, just can't handle not being the center of attention at all times...
Baby watch: My sister in law is due soon, and everyone is very anxious to meet the new little one. Boy or girl? Nobody knows, but you know I'll blog about it ASAP.
Speaking of babies, congrats to Sul Ross and his wife on the arrival of their new daughter! She's precious!
Pictures of the day: My poor little nephew Koen...He got bit by a mosquito! Apparently this was taken after swelling went down, so no telling how bad it was.

Hayden also got a couple of bites, on the ear and knuckle, though it didn't appear he experienced the swelling Koen did.
And, my brother and sister in law tried to introduce the boys to toddler beds. This was only some of the result. My brother put the cribs back together the next night...









1 comment:
Holy Destructo-Kids, Batman!
Post a Comment