Running update: I ran 6 yassos last night with my training group. They actually weren't that bad, so disregard my previous post about hating them (the yassos, not my training group). It was quite a workout, but I managed all 6 in under 4 minutes each. I was pleased with my consistency, even as they got tougher to run at the end. Since I forgot my watch, I would not have known my times if it weren't for Joe, who timed each of my yassos. Since I know he lurks here, thanks Joe! :) He knows I'm anal about knowing my exact times. Including warm up and cool down laps, I got in about 6 miles.
If anyone out there still wonders why men and women have some trouble understanding each other and communicating, here's an example:
Joe: Carolyn, watch your form.
Me, defensively: What's wrong with my form?
Joe: Nothing.
Me: Then why did you point it out??
I was self-conscious about my form from then on, and all he was trying to do was encourage me to focus on keeping my form once I started getting tired. Poor Joe, he's friends with a drama queen.
Olympics: I stayed up way past my bedtime only to see our women's gymnastics team blow it. I sort of feel sorry for the one girl that screwed it up for everyone. I'm very tired this morning and am already working on my second cup of coffee. But how about Phelps?! Amazing. I'm thoroughly enjoying the swimming this year. Can't wait for the track stuff to start. That's always fun to watch too. Go USA!
On the same topic, I managed to catch some of the events over the weekend. Lucky me, men's synchronized diving was on. Yes, that's right, men's synchronized diving. I'm not sure there is a less masculine event out there. I was a little disturbed. I initially thought I had accidently flipped to the LOGO channel. What's next? Men's synchronized swimming? (My apologies if I have offended any fans of the men's sychronized diving event.)
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









2 comments:
Mens Synch Diving ROCKS!!!
just joking...scary!
Oh hell, you would go out with any one of those 3 gentlemen! At least they're FUN, eh?!!
Running form....Roger Soler taught me about form...good form equates to running efficiency! Not long ago, I provided advice to a girl at a running race who was dragging her feet. I demonstrated feet-dragging, stomping, then almost silent, compact (not jumping while running, not flailing arms and body)...I apologized, but she thanked me anyway...I might have been out of line in offering the advice, maybe I should have said nothing...
Form equals Efficiency....it's how it's done!!
PS, OMG...I have to fill in the cryptic code into the 'word verification' slot to send you this...here's a tough one "xapxabmu"...geez, seems like a sobriety test...
Post a Comment