Monday, August 4, 2008

Random lunchtime thoughts...


Tropical Storm Edouard:


After-hours addition - No work for me tomorrow! Woo hoo! Well, actually, the office is closed but I still have alot of work to do from home, if the electricity doesn't go out. Centerpoint Energy ran a great radio ad this afternoon - apparently, per this "ad," when electricity goes out, it could take them anywhere from 2 days to 2 months to restore power. Are you kidding me?? 2 months?? Good Lord, do they have like three people who work poles and lines? Is this a third world country? Is it 2008, or 1938? If a Taco Bell can be rebuilt in 24 hours after the LA riots, then I would certainly hope that no one in the US would have to go without power for 2 months, unless maybe you are from New Orleans and were hit by Katrina (but, hey, there are 100 other reasons why it took so long for things to be restored in that city, like the inept local and state government. I'm just sayin'.) I'm going to bed now so I can get up nice and early, do some work, workout and wait for the storm, then watch some soap operas do more work.

CNN Breaking News: When I signed up to receive CNN breaking news emails after 9/11, I was hoping I would be given immediate news of another terrorist attack, or a warning of some sort of some pending disaster that could take lives. What do I get? "Breaking news" of an actor involved in a car accident, or an update on Britney's custody battle, or the birth of the Brangelina twins. Really? That's breaking news? Do I really need an email alert about this crap? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Man, where're (grammatical SNAFU, no doubt) alla the comments to your perfectly witty stuff? Sheesh, I thought my place was kinda quiet! OK, so here's your token comment!

The whole deregulated electricity deal is nuts! I'm thinking it's GOTTA be damn inefficient! My CPS bills in San Antonio were lower, for sure...I wonder how much of that is attributable to the clusterfaak of deregulation??

Have a great day, Lady! ;)

26.2 Princess said...

Aw, thanks for the "I feel sorry for you" post! ;) Apparently, I have many fewer readers than I thought, or at least ones who care to comment. *sniff* Blogging was my one last attempt to be popular! What am I doing wrong?? Woe is me! I ask my friends and family, have you been reading my blog? Oh, no, I haven't checked it for a couple fo weeks. Gee, thanks. *rolling my eyes* I guess the world doesn't revolve around me after all. Darn.