Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Laughter really IS the best medicine.


Running update: I had a great run on Saturday. 11 miles at about a 9:22 average pace. My last mile was 8:56 and I threw in about three miles that were around 9:05-9:10. I was pleased. Just a tad cooler that morning, which helped apparently. 50 minutes on the elliptical yesterday morning, then a 50 minute run last night. Planning on hitting the track tonight for speed work. 13 miles is on tap for Saturday, but I may get pulled into the 18 miler that the Chicago marathoners are running. We'll see.

Weekend of laughs: After my run on Saturday, I sped home, cleaned up, and caught a flight to Dallas to visit my friend Jennifer (sprinkles!). She is absolutely hilarious and we spent the entire weekend laughing at everything. Its been too long since I've been brought to flowing tears from laughing so hard. Laughter is good for the soul, no doubt. I came back to Houston refreshed and ready to tackle this short work week. Yes, I said short week. I am taking Thursday and Friday off and plan to not do much at all (which usually translates to I'll be doing work from home, but I'm going to try not to). Maybe a day at the spa is in order. Recession? what recession?

Eye on the tropics: Its looking busy out there. Is this Houston's year for the "big one" ?

Speaking of which, the picture of the day is an actual snapshot of a drawing of the wind "swaths" (whatever those are) that was posted on the National Hurricane Center's website during Edouard. Who draws this stuff?? Did the website master really think this was a good picture to post? Sorry, especially to my dear parents, but this could not go unposted. That's all I have to say. Please keep your comments clean...

5 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Ummm, Louisiana is about to get screwed??

:) said...

That can't be a serious picture. Someone is giggling...I swear.

26.2 Princess said...

I swear I copied it straight off of the NHC website. Couldn't believe my eyes. And yes, LA is about to get screwed, again.

Anonymous said...

Taking Thursday and Friday off to prepare for that first Aggie loss of the season are we?

26.2 Princess said...

Jamoosh, I see you have made it through surgery and are obviously recovering well and back to your normal self. ;)