Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Never too soon to start thinking about Halloween.

Costume planning: The theme this year for Coach Ruthie's Halloween bash is famous movie characters (at least that still better be the theme since I have my costume!). You know, Batman, Joker, Indiana Jones, Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, the Sex and the City girls, Cinderella, etc. I thought I could maybe pull off Lara Croft, Tomb Raider, but the costume ideas online did nothing for me. Plus, I'd have to get lip injections and some boobs. Then I thought about Julie Roberts' hooker character in Pretty Woman. Yes, what a brilliant idea! I googled Pretty Woman costume ideas, and this gem came up, which is my Picture of the day:
Um, is this a joke? What the eff is that?? I don't know what movie the costume manufacturer was watching, but it was NOT the same Pretty Woman I saw. I can't even describe this, or look at it long enough to try to come up with words. And I'm certainly not dressing up like this. Pretty Woman, out. Staying true to my princess-ness and my love for pink, I have decided to be *** drum roll *** Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. Yes, by the time the party rolls around, I will have perfected the look and the bend, pop up, snap thing she taught the manicure lady. I have the deep pink suit, am making a pill box hat, will have a fabulous blonde wig, and of course, will tote around Bruiser. I'm super excited. Ruthie's parties are always fun - last year was an 80's theme - I fit right in, felt like I was back in high school. Was thrilled to wear shoulder pads again, and I even used half a can of Aqua Net just because that was the normal thing to do back then. So, I probably did contribute to the hole in the ozone layer. Whatever. It was totally awesome!

Random animal fact: I love pandas. I was obsessed with watching the baby panda (Tai Shan) on the Washington DC zoo cam when he was born and growing up in 2005. When I went to DC to run the Marine Corps Marathon in 2006, I insisted on a visit to the zoo to visit the "baby" panda, who was then about 16 months old. Few animals are cuter than pandas. Or so I thought until I read this article. Apparently, pandas poop up to 40 times a day. Pooping that much is not cute. (Note to self: Don't eat bamboo.)

Running update: Well, I've totally wussed out on my running this week. Monday was just way too hot and humid after work, then the big terrible tropical storm rolled through yesterday. Guess I could have gone for a run in the evening, but I instead opted to enjoy a nice dinner with my friend Stacy. However, I did get in 90 minutes on the elliptical, taking a couple breaks to answer and send emails, since I was working from home. Today I was in the office for over 11 hours and was exhausted by the time I left. I plan some elliptical work in the morning and an easy run tomorrow evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do YOU really need to purchase a costume to pull off the Pretty Woman character?

Yeah, yeah, I am going to hell.

Anonymous said...

You're kidding right? About the tropical storm? You didnt run because of some wind and rain?

26.2 Princess said...

Jamoosh - Ah, the sweet smell of sarcasm, always soooo funny. ;)

Anon - Bingo. I used the wind and rain as a lame excuse not to run on Tuesday. I'll run in that crap for my long Saturday runs, but not during the week. Remember, I'm medium-maintenance, per an early post. Now, identify yourself!

Alaina said...

Hey, running after all of that rain would have gotten your running shoes dirty for Saturday! And a princess can't be seen in muddy running shoes!