Friday, January 9, 2009

Dear marathon weather gods...

Please, PLEASE, let accuweather.com's current forecast for marathon day hold! Its supposed to be sunny to partly cloudy with a low of 33 and a high of 53 as of just a few minutes ago (but its already changed 3 times today). This would be PERFECT running weather. I might actually have a less suckier race than I'm anticipating.

Thank you,
26.2 Princess

On tap for this weekend: An easy 6 miles in the morning, quite possibly in the rain. Then I plan to join my running group at Otto's for a yummy post-run breakfast. Haven't been there in a long time, so it will be good to hang out after the last training run of the season. Its all about NFL playoffs this weekend. I'll be hitting BW3 in Rice Village on Sunday, so readers, feel free to join me and a couple of my friends! The more the merrier, right?

College National Championship Game: Thanks to Ruthie and Todd for hosting a fun party to watch the game last night. I was hoping Oklahoma would win for the sake of the Big XII. But Florida is a great team, it was a good game, and now I could absolutely care less. I hope Mike & Mike on ESPN stop talking about it soon.

Stupid HOA: So back in December, I received a letter from my HOA. I thought for sure they were thanking me for sending in my annual dues in such a timely matter. Oh no, why in the world would they be that friendly? Instead, they told me that I needed to fix/remove the satellite dish on my roof. First of all, its not really my dish. It was the previous owners' dish but now my responsibility. No problem. It was apparently damaged and fell over during the hurricane (well, I know that's what happened because I can see it). And apparently, the powers-that-be just noticed it. I've called a roofing company to remove it and fix any holes or damage it may have caused to my roof. I've called the roofing company three times now. I have yet to have an appointment booked. Sigh. Hopefully I won't get fined. I have until January 17 to fix it, which is unlikely. I fully expect another letter, probably nastier. Ah, the joys of home ownership!

5 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Climb up there and KNOCK IT OUT!! Geez. Sheesh, how tough is that?

It's really cool being mechanically inclined. Nothing bothers me at all. Blower motor in the HVAC goes out, sigh. Pull motor, score another from Grainger at lunchtime, install. Minor inconvenience! Did you see on my blog, "The Knack"?

I'll come fix it for you, if'n you please. I gotta go pick up my packet on Friday, could do it then. You're buying the beer.

Or if you wanna call the guy in uniform in the white van, your call...

Anonymous said...

Why are saying you are going to have a sucky race? At least you get to race. Screw the clock, go out, have a nice easy run and enjoy yourself.

26.2 Princess said...

Jamoosh, thanks for e-slapping some sense and perspective back into me! You are so right, I'm going to just enjoy it. After this morning's run, that's all I want to do, enjoy the run, and burn a ton of calories of course.

Evan, I just may take you up on that offer if I don't hear from the roofers the first part of the week. I have a three-story townhome with no roof access. Gotta big ass ladder??

Neeraj Rohilla said...

On weather.com it says:

Low 41, High 63.

Oh God, not any warmer than 63, please....

Evan Guy said...

Oh, I just sent you an email prior to seeing this....yeah, we'll figure something out....Jamoosh is WISE beyond his years, take his advice to heart!