As many of you know, finishing a marathon, no matter how fast or slow or how many you have run, is such an amazing accomplishment, and it gives you a great sense of pride. Many have called the event "life-changing" and I really believe that with each marathon, you learn something new about yourself and you seek to make (or continue to make) positive changes, big or small, because you feel like you can do anything.Though I felt like I had lost my focus before the marathon, I have found it quite amazing this week my change in attitude toward many things. I do believe I owe it mostly to my unexpectedly great run on Sunday...that was just the boost I needed to re-assess my habits/behaviors...repossess the positives, rid myself of the negatives, and re-claim my focus on taking care of myself better...I'm eating healthier, I'm back on my workout schedule, and I'm sleeping well and have more energy. My running burn-out is gone, and I'm really excited to keep up my training for the Austin Marathon in a few of weeks, and the Nashville Marathon in April. I have a great group of running friends, and we will continue to meet for Saturday morning runs during the "off-season." We affectionately call ourselves the Knuckleheads. Take a guess why.
This morning was the first Knucklehead run of 6 miles. I felt good and strong. I think I'm pretty much recovered physically from the marathon. And breakfast at Otto's is really what motivates the Knuckleheads! Thanks to Kaytha and Tonya for the fun conversation. I'm sure the guys at the table were like WTH are they talking about?? Or they knew but just pretended like they weren't listening or understanding. Then again, can you really tell the difference?
CONGRATULATIONS to my dear friends Stacy and Shubh on the birth of their son, Romit, yesterday. I went to visit them this morning, and Romit is a cutie-pie! In case you are wondering, his name is pronounced "rome-IT" and its Indian. Beautiful isn't it?
Here's Romit and the big stuffed frog I got for him:









No comments:
Post a Comment