Finally! I was getting very tired of cold rain. I took advantage of the nice evening and went for a run at Memorial. I ended up running with Joe for a while and it was nice to catch up with him. Plus, he got me to run about 2 more miles than I was planning to. A nice little 5 mile run was apparently just what I needed! And speaking of running, thanks to Alaina for the very nice note she sent to me today.
Marathon weather watch: The not-so-accurate accuweather.com extended forecast currently calls for mostly cloudy skies, high of 63, low of 49. Not too bad. This forecast will change 25 times before then though.
Question of the day: Am I the only person who thinks that restaurants put way too much lettuce on salads? Apparently so. Here is the conversation I had with the girl at CPK when I called in to order a salad for pick-up:
Me: I'd like a BBQ chicken salad with avocado, and only about half the lettuce you normally put on salads.
CPK girl: I'm sorry, what?
Me: I only want a little bit of lettuce.
CPK girl: You want LESS lettuce, on a salad?
Me: Yes, less lettuce.
CPK girl: Ooookay.
Good lord, I'm not a rabbit. I can't stand it when salads are piled up with lettuce, then you stick your fork in and all of the toppings fall off because there is so much freaking lettuce! How hard is this to understand??
This reminds me of an encounter I had several years ago with the lady in the Whataburger drive-thru:
Me: I'd like a grilled chicken sandwich, no lettuce or tomatoes.
Drive-thru girl: You want that dry?
Me: What do you mean "dry"?
Drive-thru girl: Nothin' on it.
Me: No, I still want the pickles and onions but no lettuce or tomatoes.
Drive-thru girl: Okay, that's no pickles or onions.
Me: No, no lettuce or tomatoes.
Drive-thru girl: No tomatoes or pickles.
Me: No, that's not correct. Let's start over. I want everything on it but lettuce and tomatoes. No lettuce, no tomatoes.
Drive-thru girl: Ok, no lettuce, no tomatoes.
Me: Correct!
I pulled up to the window and verified with her that there was indeed no lettuce or tomatoes on my sandwich. She said no ma'am. No lettuce or tomatoes. I got home and there were lettuce and tomatoes on my sandwich, and no pickles or onions. Sigh.
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









4 comments:
Wow, you're in a blog-posting frenzy! Feel the sun's WARMTH!
Yep, lots to say this week. Gotta keep my three readers up-to-date!
How about when you order "dressing on the side, please" and your salad comes swimming in it?
I just LOVE CPK! I'm free that day...
Post a Comment