Saturday, January 31, 2009

A dedication...

I'd like to dedicate a few verses of Katy Perry's Hot N Cold to the Houston weather:

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes...

You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down...

Yes, the weather the past couple of days has been perfect, for running. For my allergies, not so much. Since the Houston Marathon, my sinuses have been a wreck, thanks to all the ups and downs in the weather (as the channel 13 weatherman so profoundly forecasted earlier this week, "it will be warm until the cold front gets here." Really? Thanks, I wasn't sure how that worked.) I finally raided the allergy/sinus med aisle at CVS yesterday, picking up anything in every different brand that might help. Zyrtec and a disgusting sinus rinse seem to be the solution. But its supposed to rain here tomorrow, so who knows. I cannot remember when my allergies have been so bad. Maybe its time for shots again. Sigh...

It was a long week for the Princess (why am I talking in third person??), with big meetings at work while battling my sinus issues and lack of good sleep. The good news is that I FINALLY got that stupid satellite dish off of my roof yesterday before my HOA fined me. The roofer also patched up some torn shingles, so I hope I'm good to go. Thanks to Evan for volunteering to come down here and remove the dish, but I knew I needed the entire roof inspected since I had a minor leak during the hurricane. Now I can check this off of my major project to-do list. One down, about eight more items to go..

Running update: Thanks to the allergy rememdies mentioned above, I had a fabulous 8.5 mile run this morning with the Knuckleheads after my first sound sleep in days. Perfect (meaning cold) running weather, and a beautiful sunrise to boot. Two weeks until Austin!

Mom update: My mom was in town this week for some follow-up appointments. She is doing great following her surgery in December. She looks wonderful too. I am so relieved that she seems to be on the right track and at this point, won't need any additional surgery. Knock on wood. And someone, who will remain nameless but writes this blog, gets to have dinner the weekend after Austin with her parents and President Bush (41), among others. This might call for me to stimulate the economy by buying a new outfit. Darn, I hate it when I have to buy clothes (she said with sarcasm.)

Weekend festivities: My little buddy, Senator, is celebrating his 4th birthday tomorrow!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SENATOR!! Love you, and can't wait to see you! After that party, I'm off to a Super Bowl party at Jennifer and Scott's. Woo-hoo! Go Cardinals! Actually, I don't care about either team, I just want to see the commercials. They better be good this year...

No comments: