Monday, January 5, 2009

My Wish for You in 2009...

"May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words, may 2009 be the best year of your life!"

Yes, I'd like some crackers with that cheese! If only it were that simple, huh?! A friend sent that to me, and I smiled while shaking my head...wow, 2008 was an unusually rough year for so many people...me, my family, friends and people I don't even know. The economy, Hurricane Ike, job losses, divorce, medical issues, whooping cough. But it was also a great year for so many, with births, marriages, new homes and new jobs, and for me personally, purchasing a home, running two sub-four marathons, re-connecting with old friends via Facebook, becomming an aunt again, my mom's successful surgery and finally finding a good Botox doctor. ;)

Running update: Despite the cold, I will be hitting Memorial Park for a run this evening. Then...drum roll... the Bachelor 13 begins tonight! Woo-hoo! This one is going to be different...he is a single dad who is looking for love. I think it will be refreshing and less lame than the more recent "Bachelors" (okay, all of the shows have been lame, but its really fun to make fun of the girls). Children are such an important part of parents' lives, a top priority as they should be, and a single father who is willing to put himself back out there, looking for a relationship and love again, well, its quite charming. Not that any of these shows result in everlasting love, but still, its sweet. I'll be rooting for him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ended 2008 by losing my wallet...

Hope your 2009 is much, much better!

Evan Guy said...

I tuned in to Bachelor 13 in my quest to find something/anything worthwhile to watch. It did nothing for me, other than induce sleep. To each, his or her own....