Friday, July 11, 2008

Is anybody out there? Does anybody care?

Before I begin my post today, here is a warm fuzzy picture, because this post goes downhill from here. How can one not smile at a group of baby pandas?


Pre-PMS-and-I-have-a-really-bad-tummy-ache-today-and-I-didn't-sleep-well-last-night Rant: Do people even read my blog or really care about my running and exercise updates, my family and cat adventures, my opinions, reviews, pics of the day, etc.? And why is it that when you run across the name of a long-lost friend and you email them, they never write back? All I get are cards at Christmas. Speaking of which, a piece of advice for those of you who like to send those cute picture cards at Christmas... please write a note on them! I'm as busy as the next person, but I take time to write something short but personal on each card I send out, every year, and its disheartening to receive these photo cards from family and friends with not a single personal word written on them. Seriously, is it that difficult to get a paint pen and write a personal note? Isn't that what the holidays are about, reaching out, letting someone know you are thinking of them? Pre-printed, non-personalized cards don't do the trick. OMG, why in the world am I writing about Christmas cards in the middle of July? I need a valium or two, washed down with vodka or something. Rant over.

(As I was writing the above, it dawned on me that I never wrote thank-you notes to my friends and family for the housewarming/birthday gifts they gave me in May. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and I sincerely apologize for my poor etiquette. I fail at life sometimes. Insert your favorite "fail" picture here or refer to the one below.)

Random, meaningless information: So, my 20 year high school reunion is next year. That's crazy. My issue is that I went to two high schools, one in Houston and then one in Bryan for my junior and senior years. I've decided I'm going to go to the reunion of the high school I went to my freshman and sophomore years to see the people I pretty much grew up with since pre-school. Yes, a reunion is well over a year away, but I had a dream last night that as a result of all of the hairspray I used in the 80's, I started going bald a couple of weeks before the reunion. Seriously bald. I spent so much time trying different hair styles to cover the baldness (comb-over maybe?) that I missed the reunion. I have weird dreams.

Exercise update: Wednesday and Thursday were elliptical workout days. I'm resting up today for our 11 mile run at 5:30 (!) Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Jill (& Bob) said...

I completely agree with the (incredibly early) Christmas card rant...I was raised to stick in an entire letter so everyone knew what happened that year! Granted that could be conceived as bragging...but aren't the pictures for bragging about what a cute, perfect family one has???

26.2 Princess said...

Hey Jill! Miss you!