Sex and the City. Where would us 30-somethings be without this show? Sweet endings all around, for everyone! Barf. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show and saw the movie tonight and was very entertained. I got choked up during the sappy parts and I laughed and I quietly clapped when things turned out blissfully, because everything ended happily, for everyone. Really? Can things in peoples lives turn to crap then turn to gold, because of martinis and manolos? Apparently, YES! Throw in a Louis Vuitton, and life should be nothing but perfect. But seriously, the movie made me long for the days when my special group of girl friends would get together to watch SATC or the Bachelor/Bachelorette. We had so much fun watching those shows over the years. And when we would get together for nights out on the town, it was like we were those SATC girls (except the nympomaniac one),
laughing, sharing stories, crying, experiencing life. We have all grown up in many ways and gone our separate ways over the years...some have moved, some have married, some have children, some still live the glorious single life...but we always look forward to the rare times when we are all together again, and its like time never passed, just like in the movie! (Good thing the significant others understand our bond, and have become good friends with all of the girls, just like in the movie too! OMG!) I raise my martini glass (apple, of course) to Angela, Aimee, Karla, Stacy and Jen. May our friendships continue to comfort us and provide happy times for many years to come.

Exercise update: I got up at the un-Godly hour of 4:45 am to do 50 minutes on the elliptical. Then I decided to color my hair before heading to work. Work was d-e-a-d with many taking a four-day weekend. That meant I actually got some work done without much interruption. I just love checking off those items on my to-do list, and I really attacked my list this week. This makes Type A's happy.
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!









1 comment:
Did I miss Christmas? Where's my gift? Good to see a picture prove you actually have friends...
:-)
Post a Comment