When my alarm went off at 4:15 this morning, I was sure it was a mistake, then I remembered it was Saturday. We started running at 5:15 am. Ugh. It was not quite as humid as last weekend, so thumbs up for that.
I can only guess that I ran somewhere around 11.6 miles and I had somewhere around a 9:35ish pace. Two reasons I do not know the exact distance and my exact pace (which I really like to know for every run, so I'm not too happy right now) - (1) the route mapped out for us overestimated the mileage of the parking garage that we ran. It's approximately one mile total up and down the ramps, but the running route map that was drawn counted it as two miles (human error, no big deal, you can add mileage at the end of the run if you have a GPS watch). BUT, (2) my GPS watch lost its signal somewhere in the parking garage (technology error, unacceptable! Can't radar signals or whatever GPS is go through concrete by now?), so I really have no idea how far I ran or how fast. All I know for sure is that I ran for 1:51:23. Punch that into a running calculator and estimate a 9:35 average pace, and you get about 11.6 miles. It was supposed to be 12 miles today. Yawn, whatever. Close enough.
And yes, in case you were wondering, of course I remapped the route when I got home, without drawing zig-zags for the parking garage distance (how the original distance miscalculation took place). I just assumed it was one mile up and down the garage. I mapped the route we ran without trying to map the vertical distance of the garage and just added a mile to the total distance once I was done mapping, and my map showed the route, including the garage, to be around 11.3 miles at best. The good news for me and a few others is that we inadvertently overshot the entrance to the parking garage and got in an extra quarter mile or so.
Regardless of miscalculations and GPS issues, I had a good run this morning and burned alot of calories. Yay! Now I can eat Mexican food this weekend! I'm very tired and will get in a good nap today. The Yellow Fever coaches are having a party tonight. WOO-HOO! I can already taste the ice-cold beer...
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









8 comments:
Which Fit group are you running with? When did you guys start?
I am a coach for the Fall Fit group - those running Chicago, NY, Marine Corps, San Antonio, etc. We officially started training at the end of May. After I run SA, I'll join up with the regular Houston Fit Yellow group and continue my training for Houston. They just started their training last weekend.
You've gotta be so pleased with how your running has improved! And become a running coach in the process, how cool is that?!
I'd enjoy running with you one of these days! Maybe when there's a 10k in town....My old running buddy in SA challenged me to show up for the SA 1/2 marathon, so that looks like a 'go'...
After reading through this blog, I don't really know where to begin. The heart-breaking, cat-lady runner has a blog where she laments running distances, pms, jesse's nose, booze and purses.
I am hooked, can't wait for the next installment on maintenance and letting others in on who she's dating ;)
Sul Ross, the entertainment has just begun...BTW, if you are who I think you are, you should use the name Foot in Mouth.
The would be no need for any feet near mouths if you would just post for us to see who you are dating.
Having sneaky relations with other coaches put us all at risk.
And I'll stick with Sully
OUCH! And just who the hell are you, Sul Ross? Trashing the girl's blog ain't cool...if she wanted the world to know, I'm sure it would have been posted here already...
Thanks for sticking up for me but no worries Evan. Sul Ross and I go way back. Believe me, I dish out just as much as he does. This is just a friendly continuation of a conversation had over the weekend. And because of him, I have the topic for my next post...
Post a Comment