Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You know you are getting older when...

...you cancel your subscription to Allure magazine in exchange for Good Housekeeping. Allure customer service rep: "why are you cancelling?" Me: " I think I'm too old for this magazine." Allure rep: "Oh, okay. You are 37? Yes, you are wayyyyy too old for this magazine." Okay, that's not exactly how it went down, but it was similarly awkward. I can't wait to see if I become a better housekeeper because of Good Housekeeping. I don't think I'm a better runner because of Runner's World, but its a fun read nonetheless.

Running update: I attempted the scheduled hill workout on my own today at Hermann Park. Not as easy as when you run hills with a group, but the cloudiness helped keep it somewhat bearable. I managed a 45 minute workout - 20 minutes of hills and 25 minutes of flat surface running. I felt like I got a decent workout. I'm still going to hit the elliptical in the morning to burn off my dinner.

Picture of the day: Whenever I think I'm stupid, I just have to look at this picture and realize I'm not anywhere near stupid...

No comments: