I blame Eve for the monthly woes that women suffer through. If she hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit, perhaps we would not have the bloating, painful cramping, moodiness, multiple personalities and ridiculous weight gain that depresses us even more. I knew I should have just walked right past the scale this morning, but I swear it was calling my name. "Carolyn, please, come weigh yourself. It can't be that bad. Come on. Step on me. I'll show you a good number, I promise." My head said "DON'T DO IT." I listened to the voices I thought were coming from my scale. Bad idea. Me no happy this morning. Why, Eve, why?? Maybe some pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage will make me feel better...
Running update: Its still very hot and humid in Houston. Shocking, I know. Speed work this evening. I'm sure I'll need oxygen at some point. I work in the medical center, I should be able to find a tank somewhere. Better yet, how about a tank of laughing gas. Why that stuff isn't offered for retail in small cans is beyond me. Everyone would be happy and relaxed. I should have been a dentist. Then, after hours I could enjoy laughing gas. I'm pretty sure I'd be a less stressed out person.
24 Weeks Later: A running Saga
1 year ago









4 comments:
OK, you're cognizant of these mood swings and multiple personalities. That's a step in the right direction!
Is throwing objects part of how this plays out? Is it wise for me to be on this side of my monitor where hopefully projectiles don't fly?
Have a great day! (or the best you can muster!)
So sad...poor bunny LOL! :)
Don't worry...I somehow gained 2.8 lbs since Friday morning. Talk about depressing!
hmmmm, I don't have a good excuse, but the scales have been tormenting me too lately!
Bob.
Post a Comment