Brief and to the point
running/workout update, for those interested: Ran 45 minutes last night, which included 4 yassos (yasso = 800 meters or 1/2 mile). Ran those yassos in approximately 3:50, 4:15, 3:50, and 3:50. Pretty consistent. I did not do the speedwork/yassos with my training group but rather on my own around Hermann Park. I blame the 4:15 yasso on the zoo train (no matter where you run in Houston, getting stopped by a train of some sort is always a high risk). But the weather was nice with the Dolly-related weather rolling in. And the yassos weren't too bad. I can definitely see how running fast for an extended period of time can help your marathon speed. I look forward to seeing what weeks of said training can do for me. 50 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Massage tonight after my board meeting. Much needed.
2 comments:
Your running devotion likely decreases your HM rating by 2-3 points...your mention of massage in this post does ratchet it back up by one point. Just say'in.
In all fairness, massage really is an essential component of hard running....
Still scratching my head and trying to figure out why you didn't just hurdle the zoo train...
Post a Comment