I've been here since 6:45 this morning and see no early end in sight. Need. More. Coffee.
Running update: Its been a busy week, so I didn't get much done as far as exercise. Started to get a little concerned about the 12 mile run

coming up on Saturday morning, so yesterday I worked in 40 minutes on the elliptical followed by a 40 minute run. Felt good. Unfortunately, the good feeling faded when (1) I discovered that my cat peed on the floor again right next to her litter box. She's mad about something. Now comes the fun part of figuring out what. And (2) my friend Joe pointed out to me that my scale at home didn't quite match up to the better and more accurate one at his gym. Crap. That means I actually weigh
more than I have thought for quite a while now. Dangit! The scale (from Sharper Image - no wonder they went bankrupt) went into the trash and I'm getting a new one. I really don't like inaccuracies. And if you want to feel thinner than you really are, shop at Ann Taylor. Their sizes run big. I was all sorts of excited when I had to buy new pants a while back and found that sizes 0 and 2 fit perfectly (Say what? If you know me, you do not automatically think size 0 or 2. But how can you not buy something in a size 0?! Fabulous marketing! I applaud Ann Taylor). Go to any other store, and size 4 (which by the way is fat by Hollywood standards, but I'm not in Hollywood) was the best I could do. And, don't get me started on the mirrors in the dressing rooms that are specifically designed to make you look thinner, leaner and taller than you really are, so you will buy outfits that you really shouldn't. That might explain alot of what I see people wearing in the halls. I know, I know...its not what you weigh but how your clothes fit. Blah, blah, blah. I get it, but I'm also Type A, so I need to know very specific numbers. Funny thing is, I write this as I'm eating bacon for breakfast...
Heed this warning! Do NOT open your quarterly 401(k) statement! Its bad, bad, bad, for everyone. Remember, its all about the long-term (that's what I keep telling myself). The market is always cyclical and will bounce back (that's what I keep telling myself). I won't have to live in a box under the freeway when I retire, because the stock market won't bottom out and stay there and social security will not dry up (that's what I keep telling myself).
Interesting insight on kissing: When I first read this article, I thought it should be distributed to all teenagers and young adults who are exploring dating and relationships. Then I remembered there are several full-grown adults out there who don't have a clue either. I know from experience. It is quite sad. If you read this and think to yourself "I have never dated anyone who has kissed like any of these examples", then maybe YOU are the one who needs a lesson on
how not to kiss. Just a thought.
4 comments:
I agree on 401k statements...but I must be a gluton for punishment as I graph ours. I'm just a wee bit obsessive. After the last quarter, we might not live in a cardboard box, but Ramen noodles might be the meal of choice.
You are just TOO FUNNY! I love your writing!
Ann Taylor size 0 = Target size 6. I hate Target, but I can't always pay 95.00 for a t-shirt from AT.
What I REALLY love about Target is when I buy the stinking size 6 shirt and it magically turns to a size 0 after one washing, yet if I buy a larger shirt, it will NEVER shrink! What the heck is that about??!!
Scales are only as accurate as their calibration. Your best bet - and the proper way to manage your weight (like you need to manage your weight) - is to ALWAYS use the same scale.
Post a Comment